Friday, April 25, 2014


Well, this is a romantic poem.  Had written it long back. Hope you will like it.  

Instinct

 I know, I don't love her

I don't care,

I have nothing to do

With her coming and going

Anywhere or

Talking to anybody

I have assured myself,

Several times a day.

Why several times a day?

I don't know.

 

I am aware of

her beautiful face,

with tender smile,

her lovable nature and

her soft voice,

her friendly disposition

and pleasing personality.

But I don't have to do

anything with all these

I have assured myself

again and again.

Why Again and again?

I don't know.

 

 

When I expect her arrival

My heart beats fast,

When she doesn't

My joy departs

I find myself often deep drowned

In the deep dark lakes of her eyes

A sweet smile on her lips

Takes me far away

And whenever these happened,

I have promised thousand times

With myself not to repeat

But why thousand times?

I don't know.

 

The Sun, 2001

No comments: