Monday, June 22, 2015


Rejection, Rejection and Rejection!


Does this word sound sweet to you? You will say I have gone mad. How can it sound sweet? It is such a bitter, cruel word. It can break heart, it can bring havoc, it can, sometimes, kill someone.  Well, all these things are true. No one can deny. But it happens when we look at the only one side of the coin. Look at the other side of the coin.

Think about those, who survive the impact of this word...

Also, think about those, who have to face it many times and not in a particular field of life, but from many fronts and despite that, they not only survive but go on to become the winners.  

It is s in this context, I am just wondering what comes after rejection. If I keep trying, trying and trying and keep getting rejection, rejection and rejection, what will be the end of it?  Giving up is a word out of my dictionary.  So, how my story is going to end? Acceptance, acceptance  and acceptance. Of course, after day comes night and after night comes day. So after rejection, acceptance should come. Shouldn’t?

I am not talking about any particular field. It can be about any aspects of our life: study, job, love or any goal in our life.  We dream, then to fulfil that dream we make efforts, work hard and use all our resources. Someone easily succeed, someone has to work harder and longer, someone has to be content with failure. But then that failure opens a new path, which at the end leads him to success in a field, which may not be his primary goal, but about which he had dreamt at one time. It simply means, success doesn’t disappoint anyone, who has tried one’s best.

What I have learnt is that Rejection opens a new avenue. So it has started sounding sweet to me. Now it doesn’t terrify me, doesn’t disappoint me. It only provides me an opportunity to minimize my shortcomings, mistakes and to present myself in better ways. So, depending upon the intensity generated by this word in a particular situation, I call it Sweet Rejection, Syrupy Sweet Rejection, Salty Rejection or Tasteless Rejection or so on. But it is never a bitter one. In simple word, I have fallen in love with rejection. Don’t think I am trying to be ironical or cynical. I am damn serious.


The most important outcome of the Acceptance of Rejection is birth of ‘Never Say Never’ or ‘Never Give Up’ spirit. And if one never gives up, then, naturally the journey will culminate in success or acceptance.  So, let us celebrate Rejection. 

No comments: