Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Daily Worker


 I am a man living on the corners of a street
And always waiting for the works to greet.
Everyday before the dawn I depart
To stand in the queue in the mart.

Sometimes it is early, sometimes late,
I get a work with mercy of God and fate.
For years I have survived on sweat
Feeding my children dreams and fate.

Last time I purchased a cloth
And popped a ladoo in my mouth,
I am unable to remember the date,
And it was because a kind man I met.

I have grown old by day and ray.
So many years yet nothing to say.
The shortest way my journey concludes
No ego, no bondage, no regret includes.

Though I am also a part of human kind
But there is no legacy to leave behind.
To the open sky my last salute,
No need to fuss, no need to play flute.


















(From my collection of poems, The First Step.)

No comments: